Tuesday, September 21, 2021

2021.09.19 Birthday Picnic


My birthday fun continued

     Sunday all my Sacramento progeny (except Joseph, who wasn't feeling well and needed some quiet rest)  gathered at Tahoe Park for a birthday celebration picnic mostly planned by Teresa.  

Esther, Bethany, Lucas, Tom, Debi, Jared (and Sam with his back to us)

Jacob & Benjamin

September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day.   They drew what they thought my pirate flag would look like and I had to guesss who did what flag.  They guessed how many trreasure chest shaped candies were in a container.  Teresa made chicken salad croissant sandwiches like crabs with craisin "eyes".  And roast beef roll-ups.  Fruit, veggies, Poky sticks (sabers). chips, cookies to decorate - leftover from Sam's birthday party Saturday, I think), and a chocolate cake that said "Happy 70th Birthday Cap'n"

(It was Talk Like a Pirate Day)

We just hung out and talked and ate and had a good, relaxing time.  
And more presents.  Miriam gave me some pretty star weights to hold down picnick table clotes and such.  Jared gave me candies from Hawaii and Utah (he has contacts).  Ruth gave me a wooden ornament man.  

I think we are done with my birthday now. 

For my grandson, Sam's 6th birthday, they had a Christmas themed party (per Sam's request)  including a snowball fight (crumbled paper), a Christmas tree,  and a visit from Santa.  I understand that the whole family will dress in Christmas themed costumes for Halloween.   I do hope that we don't have a Christmas themed Thanksgiving.  Or that they are Christmas-ed out by Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment