Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Window Trick

 


I really like my new car, Storm.  It is rather luxurious.  With a little idiosyncracy.  When I park and open the door to get out, sometimes - often - all the windows and the sunroof open.  Perhaps when I open the door past a certain point.  So I get back in, turn on the accessories and close all the windows.  Sometimes this might be repeated 3 or more times.   Mildly amusing if you are not in too big a hurry, but it would not be amusing in an unsafe area or if we ever get a rainy season. 

I emailed rhe sales guy, Ryan,  who sold me Storm.  and waited days for a response.  I called the service department at the CarMax closer to me and made an appointment although the guy didn't sound too helpful.  Ryan emailed that maybe the key fob was being pushed.  ummm, maybe?  I took great pains to not have anything touch the key fob.  That was not the problem.  

The day before Storm's appointment,we developed a plumbing emergency.  The plumbers booked an all day job the day of the appointment.  Repeatedly, I tried to call to cancel the appointment, but  could not get through.  Without much hope that they would actually see it, I replied to the reminder text.

A coupld of days ago, I got a "reminder" for an 8:30 appointment I do not remember making.  But, we needed it.  I drove to the CarMax South Sacramento (where I had booked previously), but the appointment was for Roseville!  I asked the SS people to call R and tell them I would be late. 

 CarMax Roseville Service was gracious.  I was happy that Storm did her window trick for service guy Jeff who foiund it interesting .  They decided that maybe something was wrong with the programming on the key fob and also that there was an after manufacturer alarm on the car.  So they cleared the fob and removed the alarm.  Hopefully, there will be no more unauthorized window and sunroof opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment