Tuesday, February 10, 2004

What do you do when you cannot sleep?

Don't you just hate it when you wake up and can't go back to sleep? I am tired. I am comfortable. I know I have to get up in a couple of hours and face another busy day. But I don't sleep. Sometimes when that happens, I tell myself that if I am not asleep by "x", I have to get up and do dishes ( I am not much of an evening person and seldom do the dinner dishes until morning).

Last night I didn't want to do that. Opening a book is the kiss of death to any hope of sleep, unless, of course, that book is scripture. Stand back! Another lightening bolt is about it hit me!' So I just lay there and fretted. And wrote a "poem"

My dear Zire
It would appear
Is power mad, power hungry, power crazy.
Yet when it should take power in, It's lazy.

should have stuck to laying there (or was it lying there?) and fretting, eh?

Day 2 and I have broken the rules. Every time. I am supposed to start out with things for which I am grateful. Maybe I will always end that way, instead. So, here are some. 12 today in order of appearance because there is no way to rank them! Sariah David Miriam Ruth Deborah Joseph Andrew Benjamin Ryan Tom Acadia Esther The only thing that is better than that list is my testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and his restored gospel. And (another lightening flash) true confession, heresy and idolatry, it is a near thing. Star Wars cantina song sounding in my ear. Time to drive two of my blessings to Seminary and walk and talk with another one, not posted on this list, but in my heart!




1. Miriam left...
Tuesday, 10 February 2004 2:44 pm

Yeah that's really lame when you can't fall asleep!
I don't think it ever made me write crazy poems, though.
Sometimes I can sing a song in my head to get to sleep.
...or pretend it's time to get up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment