Thursday, January 24, 2013

Catch 22

When I went in to work Tuesday, January 22, I was surprised to see a little "vacation" sign by my name.  I tried to remember.  No, I was at work Friday and Monday really was a holiday.  Oh, well.  I moved the sign and marked myself in. As I hung up my jacket, I smiled at my next vacation request which I have pinned up next to my coat hook and a calendar.  (Friday and Monday in March to go up to the Life of Christ Celebration in Vancouver and visit with my daughter Sariah and family.

Soon my supervisor came by my cube, stopped, did a double take and said, "I'm surprised to see you!  You asked for today off."
     "No, I asked for MARCH 22."
     "No, you asked for February 22.  Come look."
     "But it's January" I said to her back as I followed her to her cube.  Where she pulled out my request which said, Friday, March 22 and Monday, March 25.
    "oh.  Well, I'm glad you are here today.  I want to talk to you."  She then gave me a dressing down on a mistake I had made which had irritated a big wig.
     (We got Mr. Big Wig taken care of and he and I were on decent speaking terms that morning.)


2 comments:

  1. March sounds fun. Glad it all worked out.

    I notice on your ticker you adopted Anna 8 years ago. I remember that time. I am amazed it has been that long. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time goes by so quickly with kids and dogs. Some days, not so much, but the weeks, months, years are gone before we know it.

    ReplyDelete