Friday, August 4, 2017

thoughts on litter



A scrap of paper lying in the hallway creates a nearly irresistible urge to pick it up.  You would think that I must be a wonderful house keeper with a spotless home. Unless, of course, you know me.  Then you know that my home is not quite bad enough to be on “Hoarders” but …..  

Why?

Going past my building I notice a lot of litter in the landscaping.  I do not stop to pick it up.  

It doesn’t take a lot of time to pick up one or two items.  When there are several, it takes more time and energy.   

And my house?  A LOT more time and energy.  Plus decision making.

Striving to live a righteous life is like that sometimes, too.  The more there is to work on, the harder it seems to be to do.  Instead of being overwhelmed by it all, we need to learn to to just do one thing at a time. It IS possible. So I tell myself.  Now I need to listen.  and DO.

1 comment:

  1. Becoming overwhelmed is difficult.

    Overcoming / finding solutions can be difficult at times.

    I liked the comparison between picking up litter and living a righteous lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete