Sunday, November 4, 2018

Mental Wellness Challenge Day 2 - Journal 10 Things You are Grateful For

My friend posted this 20 Day Mental Wellness Challenge on Facebook.

I am not sure when I will ever accomplish Day 1, so  let's go to Day 2: "Journal 10 Things You are Grateful For." 

Don't think I can do that either.

First off, my family leaps to mind - 8 born children, 5 children-in-law, 8 grandchildren.  See?  In trouble already at 21.  Not to even mention the parents who brought forth and raised my children-in-law, each of whom is a blessing to my family.

I can say #1 Family - each one of them is an individual blessing for which I am grateful.

But let's not forget, as much as I love my family  - collectively and as individuals - Number ONE has got to be my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Or possibly Heavenly Father. 

Father of our spirits.  All wise, all powerful.  Strong enough to send His children to face difficult tests and often fail.  Strong enough to send His Beloved Son to suffer and pay the horrendous price for our errors. With enough wisdom and perspective to let us suffer the many earthly trials - accidents, wars, illness, natural disasters - knowing that somehow it is for our eternal benefit. 

Lord God, creator of this marvelous earth with all its wonder and beauty.  Master scientist, master artist.  

Savior  pure, loving, willing to bear the punishment for every wrong thing we ever did or had done to us so that we can become clean. It is just too much to fathom.  We cannot be grateful enough.

And the Holy Ghost.  The unseen quiet partner, here to guide, direct, warn, and comfort. To be with us and help us whenever we are willing to let him and to listen.

I can easily also come up with 10 more "mundane" things
1.  I wake up (still here! and that is still good)
2.  after a peaceful,
3. safe
4. night's rest
5.  in my own bed
6.  in my own house
7.  with electricity
8.  running water
9.  food in the kitchen
10. clean and comfortable clothes to wear - washing machine, textiles, money to buy clothes, thrift shops which make that easier!, farmers, plants, sun, rain, earth, weaver, truckers,  et cetera
 

 But who's counting?  There is so much!
I am grateful to be retired and to have enough to live on.
I am grateful to be able to help others now and then (even though I honestly do not always or even usually serve with joy.  I don't always enjoy service, but I am grateful that I  CAN serve.) 
I am very grateful for my life compared to some of those who need my help.
I am grateful to those who are willing to try to help me reduce the chaos of my home and yard.

 I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  To be taught the Plan of Happiness and Salvation.  That Jesus loves me so much.  For revelation, the restored Priesthood, for good leaders, for scriptures.

I am thankful for amazing, kind, supportive, patient, talented, smart, faithful friends

ad infinitum

No comments:

Post a Comment