Sunday, May 31, 2020

There's a hole in my bucket, well, not my bucket

email to my children and grands

     How are you doing with this pandemic social isolation thing?  In some ways, my life has hardly changed, but I do miss being able to see family!  I realize that I have not spent nearly enough time with you even when I could.  Must. do. Better.  I hope you don’t mind if I do!

     The other day Andrew and I met up with Teresa - mostly keeping our distance.  We bicycled to a hamburger stand near Tahoe Park, bought lunch, and enjoyed eating and visiting at the park.  Afterwards Andrew and I bicycled to the grocery store on the way home where he watched the bikes and I grabbed (that is to say purchased, not snatched!) some veggies.  Because I prefer wearing skirts,  but had actually worn pants on the outing, when we got home I changed.  Won’t wear those pants again!!  When I took them off, I found a sizable L shaped tear on my rear.  Not my rear, the rear of my pants.  Which would have been exposing part of my underwear.  Blush!!  

     I do not know when it tore.  I can only assume that neither Teresa nor Andrew saw the tear or I would not have been allowed to walk around in the grocery store unwarned.  Of course, come to think of it, Andrew probably does not spend much time looking at his mother’s rear end.  Blush, again!

     Discovering the tear in my pants, reminded me of a former co-worker.   Lisa was probably the best person I know for telling you if something was amiss.  If there was something wrong with your clothes, or make up, or whatever, THAT YOU COULD FIX, she was sure to tell you.  If you couldn’t do anything about it and it wasn’t really important, she didn’t tell you.  I am confident that if it was something serious, she would tell you and help you figure something out.  

Andrew is pretty good at helping me that way.  Except for the seat of my pants thing.  Flicking away a stray eyelash or even pulling an old lady hair that does not belong on my face! (after warning me, of course)

     It is not uncommon for a sister at church to tuck in another sister’s tags that are sticking out of the back of the neck of her clothes.    

     Have you ever seen someone with a problem with their appearance?  Maybe someone came out of the restroom with part of their clothes caught up wrong -  Or with toilet paper stuck to their shoe -  Or someone with their buttons lined up wrong so there was a button without a hole a the top and a hole without a button at the bottom?  If you saw something like that, what  did you do?  I am sure you would NEVER laugh or point it out to someone else.  (Well, if it was a person of the opposite gender and you had a relative of the same gender handy, you would likely tell them to help the person.) Would you do the same if it happened again?   

    Would you want someone to tell you? 

    I think we (by this I mean me) should practice really looking at people and actually seeing THEM.  We should practice seeing a child of God.  

And if that person needs a little help, we should kindly, respectfully help them. 

Hoping you pants never have embarrassing holes!

Love,
Mom / Grandma Barbara
      

No comments:

Post a Comment