Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Ups and Down$ Tuesday

 I cannot remember all of today.  It has been some day.

There was the pre-surgery Covid test. (MOHS surgery for basal cell carinoma on my nose Friday.)  I was quite nervous, especially hearing the children cry while I waited my turn. (If I was nervous this morning, just wait until Friday!!) But it was really nothing.  They did NOT  try to swab my brain through my nose as I heard they used to do. My nurse was very nice and he just swabbed around each nostril a number of rotations.  Not really even uncomfortable.

I had thought about looking at cars (my car was rear-ended and totalled last week), but I didn't really have time before I had to be home for the plumber (the bathroom pipe under the sink broke last week also).  I did have time to buy eggs and cottage cheese to replace those ruined in the car accident, as well as a few other things.

Better Place Forests called.  I have purchased spreading rights under a redwood in the Point Arena Forest for my final resting place. However Better Place Forests is opening up a forest near Yosemite.  I know my children would be more likely to visit the Yosemite area and my contract does include right to transfer forests until ashes are spread under my tree.  I really like my tree, but I will go and see the Yosemite forest and see if any of the trees speak to me.  Better Place Yosemite will start having tours in October.  I will go look the trees and see if one speaks to me. 

AAA called.  They offered what I think is a fair settlement on my totalled car (poor Gracie!).  Not overly generous, but a little above the minimum I thought they should pay. 

Two Bonney plumbers came.   Very nice guys.  I hired them to fix the bathroom sink (the drain pipe broke( and to remove the solar water heater in the garage which is no longer connected to solar, has corroded, and is leaking.  They fixed the sink this afternoon (the pipes are fine now, but the basin has cracks) and will come back to do the water heater tomorrow morning (and I will talk to them about the cracks). 

I started rice in the rice cooker and set it on the stove.  OOPS.  Apparently, I bumped the stove knob and turned on the burner under the rice cooker.  Good bye rice cooker.  I was able to transfer the rice to an Instant Pot (first time using the Instant Pot for rice.  I have heard it is not so great for that) and was able to clean the stove top.  No, I did NOT put the IP on the stove top.   I think I will avoid doing that now.

Dinner soon and then I have Relief Society Presidency Meeting.  

....  Wednesday - Although I certainly do not remember seeing them before - including when I wiped down the sink - the plumbers showed me a picture they took before working on the sink and although the picture was not sharp, it looked like there were cracks.  More like scratches, actually, not like cracked through.  The old, unused, leaky water heater is gone.  Do I get to count that as deluttering something?

No comments:

Post a Comment