Sunday, June 3, 2012

Social inSecurity

Beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to prove my citizenship to the satisfaction of the Department of State, I came across this cheery statement:
Proof of U.S. citizenship must be established when dealing with all levels of U.S. government. Documents proving citizenship must be provided when applying for Social Security benefits and when applying for a U.S. passport.
The exciting thing here is that even if I give up on getting a passport and give up any opportunity to travel, I still have a problem:  I will not be able to collect Social Security Benefits.  (Meager though they may be because of my short work history and If Social Security has not completely collapsed by then, anyway)

It appears that the only way for me to get my California records is by petitioning the County Superior Court.  I will need to figure out which county(ies). 

I am trying to figure out what that will need.  Also, I need to figure out how to get records on my 2nd adoption in Oregon.

I wonder if my aunt's travel company does great tours in the US and if she would be interested. I would love an Early American History tour the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment