Monday, July 22, 2019

comings and goings

Teresa's mom lingered longer than expected, but finally passed through the veil Saturday, the 19th.  She was ready.

It was decided that leaders needed to take the Self-Reliance Finances class - the first three sessions.  In order to better understand the program and be better able to refer people who might need it.  First week I was mildly surprised to be reminded that Self Reliance is a spiritual principle.  If I had thought about it, I would have realized. And of course, the Lord has told has that He has not given us any temporal commandments, to Him all things are spiritual.  We learned to track all our financial transactions.  Fortunately, I am already good at that.  Today we learned about counseling with the Lord and with our spouse.  That lesson was less comfortable for me.  It is recommended that if you are single, you counsel with a family member or friend.  I am going pass on that (and therefore not pass that segment. lol) 

This past week
I babysat Sam and Peter for Strauss practice.  With Andrew.  Bless him! Only one evening.  Just wait for Strauss week next week, however!
I drove some girls up to Girls Camp (2 1/2 hour drive each way).  The drive was pretty and the girls were pleasant. 
I took my cat to the vet.  Just shots.  Now I have to license her or be fined $300! My scanner won't work to send a copy of my birth certificate so I either have to drive in to pay it or forfeit my senior discount.  I think I am already late with her license or I could mail a copy. Grr 
I donated platelets (and watched "First Man" about Neil Armstrong,first man to walk on the moon - not a great movie, actually). 
I went to the dentist for the first time in too long.  The hygienist was very nice.
And Saturday I drove to Stockton to watch Molly (Debi's step daughter) in a swim meet.  Swim parents are dedicated! Molly's first race, which I was not there for was at 8:30 am.   Then she raced about 11:30 and again around 1:30.   Fortunately they didn't put her on the relay team for the race that started after 4.   Debi and Lucas have been at swim meets (in town)  pretty much all day, certainly all morning,  almost every Saturday this summer.   I think today was the last as I don't think Molly qualified for Championships next weekend.  Her bio mom goes to every meet, too, and volunteers in the team tent where Debi thinks she hovers too much. ( I do not think the different parent sets interact) This is Molly's 3rd year on swim team.  Apparently she loves it.  I don't know what a family with multiple children would do.  This is time consuming!  But I am glad I finally made it to a meet.

Next week Andrew and I babysit Samuel and Peter 5 nights, 4 of them performance nights and I said I would take them.  Blessings on Andrew!  Sam is good until you tell him it's time to get ready for bed.  Peter is sad the whole evening.  Maybe he will be happy at the Festival.  Or we may have to leave.  I hope I get to see the show!  As I am so not a night person, this is going to be tough.  I am not committing to anything else this week.  I had a doctor appointment scheduled, which I decided to change. 

In  "Come, Follow Me"  I enjoyed Peter and Cornelius this week.  I liked learning that Peter learned to understand his vision bit by bit.  I liked the gospel being for everyone.  I liked that changes in policy and practice have taken place pretty much since the beginning.  I liked Cornelius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment