Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

A friend sent this to me. You are supposed to email it to your friends. I rather post it. If you want to do it too, have fun! if not, no pressure. I only have time because I thought there was Seminary today.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Just copy this entire list and change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then post or send this to a whole bunch of people you know, Have fun!

I recieved this with the questions in green and the answers in red. Very festive, but I don't remember how to do colors right now.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I am not great at wrapping! Whatever is handiest at the time.

2. Real tree or artificial?
I prefer to think of it as perennial.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Sometime after Thankgiving. Hopefully be early December. One of the advantages of a perennial is not worrying about it drying out.

4. When do you take the tree down?
No set time. Sometimes New Years. or eventually. When we really want the space back.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but cut it with milk.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My purple cow.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Several

8. Hardest person to buy for?
I am a terrible shopper and struggle with most of them.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
That changes. It seems like each year there will be one or two people I see things for everywhere, while I am trying to figure out somebody else.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mostly Mail

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Haven’t thought about it and don’t think I want to.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
“Luke 2”, “It’s A Wonderful Life”

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
plead the 5th or failing memory

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
too much

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Different different years. This year we have white icicle lights that we normally hang from the eaves. We thought we were out of them when putting lights up on the house, so one section has the straight tree lights. Then, of course, we found them, but didn’t feel like switching them back.

16. Favorite Christmas song?
“What Child Is This,” “Mary, Did You Know?”

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Usually stay home.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
If I think about it long enough.

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Having procrastinated, so I am stressed rather than merry and have to remind myself that Christmas is about Christ..

21. Favorite ornament theme or color?
homemade

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Christmas Eve Dinner - bread, cheese and fruit

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I don’t know, I have a long “wish” list, but no expectations. A camera would be great, but unlikely.

24. Draw names for giving?
I don’t really like that, but some of my adult kids are pushing for it. It does simplify things, I guess, but makes gift giving an assignment and puts too much pressure on one gift. I like lots of presents. I like giving when I get it right. And who doesn't like opening presents?

25. Favorite Christmas tradition?
Christmas Eve Dinner and remembering the birth of our Savior

No comments:

Post a Comment