Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Klamath Falls Sibling Retreat 2019.06.18

First breakfast: sausage and eggs at 7.   Then sort out my meds -my daily medicine box fell and exploded Monday.  I picked up the pills and put them in a plastic box for sorting during the quiet time before meet up in the morning.  Followed by a little bit of Relief Society Secretary work.

Still not really hungry by the time we met at the Waffle Hut for (2nd) Breakfast.  I had a bowl of fruit.  The most popular breakfast today was Chicken Fried Steak - with eggs, hash browns, and toast.  Apple something Waffle was also popular.  I was almost sorry that I had eaten earlier such were the praises for the Chicken Fried Steak, but as the servings were generous, I got a nice little sampling that Lainee could not finish.  :)

We doubled up in cars and drove to Crater Lake.  On the way up, Jay and I rode with Brian and Lainee while Gary and Kris rode with Mike and Debi.  We did passenger swap for the ride home.  We spend much of our time there in a comedy of errors as the different groups tried to locate each other
and missed - partly due to a misunderstanding or two and also because of poor phone receptions so messages were not sent/received timely.

Me and Lainee



Crater Lake is beautiful and amazing.  There is not much to DO but look at the lake.  The lodge has a nice balcony with rocking chairs overlooking the lake. Inside the lodge on the elevator landings there are a chair or two by open windows (as I found out while looking for the balcony in the wrong part of the lodge)  One can hike when the trails are not closed due to snow.  The lake is a collapsed mountain.  The sides are steep.  One does not, for instance, walk down to the lake. Part of the year, one can drive - or even bike - around the lake.  There are supposedly stunning vista points.  One cannot, however, drive around the lake currently.  Parts are still closed due to snow.  There was snow on the ground  by the lodge, gift and snack shop and visitors center.  Not fresh, fluffy snow.  Tired, slowly melting snow. But white real snow.  The air was so cool and refreshing!  Enjoyed the movie in the Visitors Center except when I feel asleep and woke myself up snoring.

Part of the year (not yet) Boat Tours are available including time on Wizard Island the little volcano in a lake in a volcano.  They involve a "moderately" strenuous hike down to the water and back up again.  Did I mention the sides are steep? That would be a great excursion, but I don't think I will try it even if I am here again when they are running.

Back in Klamath Falls our dinner was left over potluck supplemented by some KFC. (Thanks Mike)  Then we played Attack UNO and Sleeping Queens.  Personally, I prefer Sleeping Queens.  I again pulled my tired old not a night owl routine and left while the games were  in full swing.  Happily those who had expressed reluctance to play Sleeping Queens - when they didn't know what it was -  appeared to be enjoying it quite well.



No comments:

Post a Comment