Thursday, June 20, 2019

Klamath Falls Sibling Retreat Drive Home 2019.06.20


 
 Thursday, drive home day, was another lovely day.  I realized that with my phone mounted behind my steering wheel for using the map, I could take pictures of what I saw as I drove.  The Volcanic Legacy National Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive.
There was a problem somewhere on the Volcanic Legacy National Scenic Byway.  First we - lots of cars and trucks - sat and waited for a length of time.  Then a highway man drove along the line informing us that the road was closed indefinitely.  He had no idea when it would re-open.  He could not give us directions to detour.  He suggested we get out our smart phones or follow other cars.  Fortunately I was close to a turn off to another little highway and followed others off on it.  I stopped to consult my phone.  My phone led me to this little dirt road and then another and finally back to the backed up highway.  After that I turned around and ignored my phone.  I knew that eventually I would reach I-5

I did, of course, find I-5.  Which was nice because whle I was stocked up on food and water, had plenty of gas, and was enjoying the day, there was one necessity that Gracie did not provide.  Besides, it is good to get out, unkink, and look around. 


The landscape changes

A shady, pretty, spot to take a safety break - somewhere off the freeway on the way to Dunsmuir. 

The traffic on I-5 going north was backed up for miles and miles. I was glad the south bound lanes were clear.   

No comments:

Post a Comment