Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Klamath Falls Sibling Retreat 2019.06.19

Since Mike & Debi and Gary & Kris were checking out of the hotel at 11, we met at Black Bear Diner at 11:15.  Breakfast for some, lunch for others.  I had the Bacon Cheeseburger Salad. 

I think the north returning couple had thought to take off straight from there, but first we back to Lainee's to take a picture, hopefully with a picture of Gordon, our deceased brother.  We didn't have any big pictures of Gordon, so we decided that we would take a picture leaving a space for him and then Lainee would photo shop him in from one of the pictures Kris brought.  I hope she is able to send our copies soon.

Mike  and Deb headed out - eager to get home to their lonely kitty.  Kris, Lainee, and I broke out our computers so Kris could update some of her information on Family Search.  I updated a little, too, but we mostly worked on Kris's and Lainee's.

As Mike and Debi left, we all hugged.  Then Gary announced that he was leaving but his wife Kris, sitting at her computer, protested.  I exclaimed, "He just wants hugs." and I was right. 

Jay also departed. 

After Gary and Kris left,  Lainee and I just chatted until they took me to dinner at Black Bear Diner.  I had an Old Fashioned Cheeseburger.  Both times the burger was a bit dry and overdone.  I think Wendy's burgers are better.  Then we said our goodbyes. 

Not a lot to write, but a good day.  Lainee suggests we do this again next year.  We all want to Siblings Retreat again and not too far in the future.  I told her I don't know if I can every year. But it is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment