Monday, October 28, 2019

"What is a Week End"?

10/28 email to my granddaughter Acadia, serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission

Great news about your house, eh? Of course, bittersweet. I wish I had the money to buy it! I can’t move now, anyway. And you guys won’t be there. But, it is such a nice house and more especially a great location. I love the PNW and I love the park and nature area right outside the back gate. Sounds like a good family is buying it.
I’ll be praying for your folks to find a wonderful new home in Arizona.
I look at my calendar for last week and don’t see any big events. Yet, I felt like I was busy all week. 
 
Monday I attended the Elk Grove Historical Society again. Bethany’s mom, Roberts, gave a presentation on the transcontinental railroad. This makes attending two months in a row. Bethany’s dad is currently the society president. Now they are encouraging me to join. Probably not. Especially as Monday is usually when I read or have my phone read the new Come, Follow Me selection for the week to the family at dinner. Which didn’t happen because I left before the guys get home. And then Tuesday, I forgot about it because of Downton Abbey. I am a sinner.
Teresa has started coming over in the morning at least once a week – we are trying to get to more, maybe 3 – for us to exercise together for a few minutes. I have some fun exercise DVDs.
Body Groove Dance Your Heart Out “with Misty Tripoli - dance inspired, low impact, low stress, a little crazy
Chair Dancing Fitness Life’s a Celebration” which involves paper plates
and others which I don’t know yet if they are fun. Ha ha. Haven’t tried them
Core Chapter One – Tighten Your Waistline from Your Chair”
Older & Much Wiser Workout for Active Older Adults”
Not much excuse for me to be so out of shape!
Friday’s exercise was something different. Again I skipped temple. Andrew is the Building Cleaning Coordinator. He gets the volunteers and switches being the one on site every other month with his assistant. October was his off month. But this week he was only to get one volunteer – a 60+ woman. So he decided to go work at the building Friday morning instead of coming with us to the temple. He was stressing rather badly, so Teresa and I decided to help him – again serve this side of the veil. We cleaned the chapel while he cleaned the bathrooms. It was more exertion than we have been putting into our dancing exercise sessions.

Then we went to lunch at Wendy’s and to shop at Falling Prices. What a weird place. A jumble of all kinds of goods – it coulld be pretty much anything. On Tuesday everything costs $6 no matter what it is. The prices drop each day. On Friday, everything is a dollar no matter what it is. I think on Saturday they are 25cents. My favorite find Friday which I did not buy, but almost wish I did, but don’t know why was a bright yellow hood to toe body suit for a tall person. My first thought was a rainy day bicycle suit – after the feet were cut off to shorten the legs. It had a chemical company sticker, so I assume it was a low level hazmat suit.  It was too tall for Andrew, who gamely tried it on. Andrew said, “Who would wear it when?” I put it back but I am a little sorry. The other time we went, the first thing I saw was a black hoop skirt which I did buy. We joked about me wearing them together. Teresa said I should find something every time and wear them all together. Maybe at the Halloween Party. But I didn’t.
IMG_20191025_132241293.jpg

Despite doing most of the really important cleaning Friday, Andrew decided to go back and help Saturday, too. David offered to give him a ride and help clean. My guys are so good.
Saturday I made rice krispie pumpkins. I took some to a friend’s Housewarming Halloween Open House. I had kept her dog, Sadie, while she was between houses and by sheer luck – or minor miracles and tender mercies – helped her find this place to rent which she is delighted with and likes her landlord. 
Then we went to our Ward Taco Dinner and Trunk or Treat. took rice krispie pumpkins. When I dressed, I was thinking pirate – black top and skirt, red head band and red thing around my waist. What a lot of our ward friends saw was gypsy. During the Trunk or Treat, one sister asked me to read her palm. I handed her a chocolate and told her she would have a sweet life. She liked that. And said she already does. 
Finished the evening going to babysit at Hinds while Tom DJ’d and Ruth chaperoned the youth dance. The littles went right to bed. Miriam, Joseph, and Andrew watched “Spiderman Far From Home”. I sort of watched and sort of napped. The timing was perfect. The older Hinds came home soon after the movie ended. Esther had danced every dance. Jared hung out and talked with some guys.  Left rice krispie pumkins for them to have in the morning.
Every possible evening, David and Teresa and I are watching Downton Abbey. Right now we are in season 4. I look forward to seeing the new movie. I hope the DVD comes out soon and shows up at Costco. 
 
I really, really, REALLY want to go on a Disney Alaska Cruise. Hoping, sort of planning, on 2021. I hope you can come. Your mom plans to. Teresa and I are working on David and he is showing signs of weakening. I think Miriam wants to go, too. David and Teresa are thinking of going to celebrate their anniversary which means a May cruise. I was thinking of September for my birthday, but I am willing to adjust. Your mom says less chance of rain. Her September cruise this year was perfect weather, but she says that’s pretty unusual.

I spend way too much time Disney dreaming. Then I have to remind myself that there is someplace else I want to go even more and I need to think on it and work towards it.
In RS one sister shared that when her daughter was born she died. She got up and walked around behind the doctor and saw herself and the baby. Then she went through this tunnel thing. She thought that she would go “Pop” and it would all be over. But she didn’t, of course, She realized that she was going HOME. She felt surrounded by love and so happy. But then she had to back. She was very sad. I think for a few days she mourned. Then she realized that she would go HOME someday and feel that love and happiness.
Blessings on you. Thank you for teaching people about their Heavenly Home and how to get there.
Love, Grandma Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment