Monday, December 23, 2019

Batman elbow

email to granddaughter Acadia,

This has been somewhat of a nothing week as I have not been feeling well.  Not miserable sick, but tired, a sore throat early on, sneezes and coughs.  I spent a couple of days doing nothing but resting.  And addressing Christmas cards.  

Fortunately, I have gifts that I am pretty much happy with for all my *8*5*9*.  Although, frankly, 9 is cheating.  I am giving Jacob a crocheted blanket as I have given all of you just for being born.  I don't think he'll notice.  I hope you got your package envelope. 

We had our "special" Sacrament Meeting which was pretty much like our regular Sacrament Meetings except both the Primary and the choir sang and the Bishopric spoke. Nice, but not newsworthy.  No false advertising in that meeting.  LOL.  The Elders Quorum provided milk, cookies and background music for some nice visiting afterwards.  I am not sure whether we had any visitors due to the advertising / invitations, but a couple of people who have moved from our ward came back to visit.  One couple who moved to West Sacramento double dipped.  A fellow moved to Montana but comes back now and then for business.  It was nice.   I would have appreciated it all more but for  my minor cold. 

I just got in from riding my bike (Sylvia) from dropping my car (Gracie) at the shop.  I have not ridden in a long time.  I need to!  

Remember when I told you that Teresa and I were getting together a couple times a week to exercise?  I don't think we have since!  I think I told you that I am not good at doing it on my own.  Something must change. 

As  I said, no news.  Looking forward to a home centered Christmas and a fun family gathering the Saturday after.  May your Christmas be filled with love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment