Monday, December 9, 2019

stick it to me

 email to my granddaughter, Acadia, serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Oregon Eugene Mission
 
Patchy news. not much

Baby Jacob Bruce Robarts spent a little extra time in hospital. Apparently he had swallowed fluid before or during birth.  With his tummy full, he was not eager to eat.  And he was sleepy.  After they pumped his stomach, he started eating better.  He is a rather laid back, easy going fellow.  Benjamin and Bethany are totally in love.   He is a charmer.  And wearing 3 month clothes.

Despite feeling like I was quite busy all week, I have nothing to report. 

We are almost done making the craft stick Nativities.  Which is very good, because the Ward Christmas Dinner is Saturday.  I need to remind everyone who signed up to let us use Christmas trees and/or Nativities and everyone who signed up to help with food.   The RS 1 C is putting together kits of ingredients  which we will need to deliver.  I need to help deliver food kits and collect trees and Nativities from those who cannot get them to the church as needed.  There is a lot of shopping to be done.  The RS Pres was going to do most of it, but she was very sick Sunday, so that may change.  I need to get CDs from Tom with a playlist of Christmas music for background for the dinner.  And get hold of a CD player.  Friday we are setting up and decorating with the youth, maybe just YW? and having pizza.  Saturday I will be doing some cooking for the dinner.  Not sure what all yet.  I know at least one Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner, but I may have to also make some Apple Cake.  This is going to a busy week.  I hope the dinner goes well. 

I went to a class Saturday about watering and  pruning trees.  There is a lot to learn and I only remember bits.  Then, too, I don't have any young tress right now.  My "baby" apple tree is several years old now. 

Church ads inviting people to a special service Sunday the 22nd end showing hands reaching for cookies.  Having heard nothing, Miriam, Teresa, and I started asking.  As of last Sunday, there were no plans for cookies.  False Advertising!  That troubled us, so we started thinking about what we were going to do about it.  Do we have time to bake?  Costco has a great bakery.  I usually do not care for store bought baked goods, but I have never had any bakery items from Costco that I did not think were very good.  Fortunately, yesterday Relief Society brought it up in Ward Council and, joy of joys! Elder's Quorum accepted the assignment.  At least there will be cookies.

Do you find that people are more willing to learn about Jesus Christ and His gospel this time of the year OR are they too busy with Christmas preparation and activities ? 

Wishing you warm hands, feet, nose and heart.

Love,
Grandma Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment