Wednesday, June 3, 2020

plenty to eat

     Carol is my "cousin."  Actually, she is my ex-cousin-in-law.  But one does not  break off all related affiliations when one gets divorced.  She is also a member of the same ward (congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).  And lives right around the block. Also, a nice person.

So naturally, when she had surgery, I was interested in helping with meals when she got home. We have a compassionate service coordinator who helps make sure that people who need meals get one on the days they need them.   When we got word that Carol was home and we were bringing in dinners, I emailed that I would take her dinner Friday. So did Michelle. There was no sign up sheet. So I told Miriam (my daughter, assistant RS secretary and often help to the coordinator who can't do online sign up sheets) to let Michelle go ahead and put me on Sunday. Then Lorretta called me and said that she was doing Sunday. I THOUGHT I emailed Miriam to put me on Saturday - which wasn't really convenient, but ... - later Miriam told me Holly signed up for Saturday. I knew Teresa had Monday, the last day of sign-ups.   I tried to call Carol a couple times without success. so Tuesday afternoon I went over to her house and told her I would bring her dinner. Later I went back with the dinner to find Loretta there who had just brought dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment