Thursday, October 11, 2007

MBA Weekend and more

This weekend the boys and I are driving to San Luis Obispo. We are going to visit David and Teresa, get to the beach for the first time this year (that's criminal!), spend Sunday with them, and go to Monterey Bay Aquarium Monday (we have free tickets for HomeSchoolers Day)

The week after that, I have a dumpster coming. We are going to get rid of some of the junk around the yard and house. Not nearly all, because we have so much clutter and collections of stuff to wade through, but some.

Accounting Class is going well, but I humiliated myself at an Accounting Tech oral exam. It was really bad. I forgot the answers to basic accounting questions. I don't get the results until the end of the month, but I think they will be something like "You have got to be kidding!" When I came back, I told my boss that I was surprised I got hired as an Account Clerk II. She pooh-poohed that and said I am good, but she was not at the interview. Unfortunately, our acting section chief was. I am embarrassed every time I see her now. Another gal said that only three of us took the exam and she thinks they might just pass us all. If so, what a dumb exercise in meaningless effort. But, if they do, I will take it! She said one of the guys in my office came out of the mail room with no experience, did lousy on the exam, and here he is working away fine. Is a puzzlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment