Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The great art of giving consists in this: the gift should cost very little and yet be greatly coveted, so that it may be the more highly appreciated.

Baltasar Gracian

 

I haven't written about problems with my gifts for over a week, but then I haven't written about anything for a week.

 

The overweight gorilla.    I finally decided (with the help of secret consultants) that attempt number 1 MIGHT not be too small after all, while attempt number 2 is totally hopeless.  (I will unravel it some future day and maybe make slippers  as #6 has requested.)  Oh, Eva Aurora, I only WISH that I had made an afghan.   I attempted an article of clothing.  Big mistake.  Too late now,  It is wrapped and "secretly" delivered.  It's the thought that counts, right?  It was made with more love than skill, that's for sure.

 

I had hoped to have all my out of town gifts ready to deliver when everyone gathered for Thanksgiving.  I managed the gifts for the two SLO people.  Plan B was to finish the northern gifts before that family branch left early Monday.  Not.   Plan C is to get them ready to take up with us when we go to visit and see their Stake's Festival of Nativities this weekend.  Frankly not looking al that good, but we haven't started the car for the drive yet.

 

Then there's the in-towns!  I have, so far, gifts for gals, but not for guys. Especially, the home team.  Of, course, the best of my few ideas of what I would like to give them are a little unreali$tic. 
 
Only 3 weeks (with a fairly full schedule as usual) until Christmas!  bah, humbug!

1 comment:

  1. I'm now going to assume the gift is a sweater, or something similar. Still, handmade with love.

    ReplyDelete