Monday, March 30, 2009

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Steven Wright

As Benjamin drove us home from Seminary this morning, I got a quick glimpse of a interesting little by-play. A cat was swatting at something in the air. I am fairly certain that I saw a hummingbird hovering just a couple of feet (MAYBE 3 feet, but I think less) off the ground. Was the hummingbird teasing the cat? or protecting something? As we rounded the cornor, I saw another cat, a relative, hurrying to the scene.

*At the south end of my block, on 25th Ave, there is a whole tribe of clearly related street cats. Several cats that white with black markings. Have been for years. Actually, I don't know how many there are, but there are certainly more than three of them - I cannot remember the most I have seen at once, but I have the clear impression that there are several of them. They are pretty cats.

1 comment: