Friday, September 6, 2019

De-tile

Do not believe that retirement means a quiet life with plenty of spare time. I wonder now how I even survived when I was working full time. I still am daily grateful 1) to be out of the toxic environment my office had become. 2) to not have to have an alarm every morning, in fact, almost any morning. I naturally wake up relatively early and my first deadline is Family Prayer at 7am. Usually I am up and dressed before then, but sometimes, I am just up. LOL

I am able to go to the temple more regularly, donate platelets, and, although you may not believe it in light of my recent neglect of you, do a little better at ministering.

We are finally working on replacing my kitchen floor! Which means my home is a demolition / construction zone. I had intended to sort, declutter, and organize in preparation for moving everything out of the kitchen, but I have problems - mental and emotional. Every time I went to the task, I hit a mental / emotional block and just could not do anything. Finally, my job boss son—in-law just came and started moving things whether or not they were sorted or organized. For the last week, Tom and his crew, two of my grandchildren, have been taking out floor tile and trying to get up the cement that failed to hold it in place. Tom is a man with ideas. So now we are waiting for estimates from a cabinet maker for me to consider re-doing the kitchen a little more completely. I have not been very happy with the cabinets from HD that the men from our ward put in a few years ago. The problem was not those kind men, but rather sub quality cabinets. I am not doing the physical work, but I need to be here for the most part. I hope it is all done before General Conference, but will not be too surprised if it is not.

We used the Rainbow to "vacuum" up dust and such.  When I went to clean the Rainbow, I realized that the "dust" was from the cement like grout holding the tiles in place (more or less, mostly less).  Mixing with the water in the Rainbow catch basin, the dust remembered its cement qualities.  I had to scoop and scrape it out of the basin and hope that I cleaned the machine well enough.  





No comments:

Post a Comment