Sunday, September 1, 2019

I have been wanting to road trip

but this isn't quite what I had in mind.
 
Weeds, laundry, a little planning.  That was Monday.

Tuesday I donated platelets and bought groceries.  While donating, I watched "The Bucket List"   a couple of old guys with nothing in common meet in the hospital where they are told they have months to live.  Except for language, a really good movie.  Of course, it is more fun to work on a bucket list when you are really rich or have an incredibly rich friend. LOL. Do you have a bucket list? I have never made one, but have sometimes thought somewhat along those lines. 

I have been blessed to do things that I never dared to dream of.  My kids sent me to Washington DC, which I know you've been, but to me it was an impossible dream.  They got me tickets to go meet David when he finished his mission in the Washington DC South Mission (really mostly Virginia).  We traveled around the mission visiting his people and spent time in the nation's capital.  I loved it!  and would love to go again.  Thanks to my daughter Sariah and her husband Ryan, I have been to Boston in the fall (Veggie Tales).  Fantastic.  Sariah took me to Disney World.   And my aunt Robin treated me to two weeks in England, Scotland, and Wales.  I never thought  I would travel  and see these wonderful places.  

There are a lot of places I would like to see and things I would like to do, but I haven't made a list.  And I don't know if I will (make the list or do them).  Sometimes I hope the Lord lets us see things and places after we die.  Will He let us do some tourist bit?

Wednesday was a potluck at Holly Foell (fell). She is one of my ministering (to) sisters, our stake RS President, and a really nice person.  I altered a recipe from the Six Sisters Menu plan.  Started out as Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Pasta Shells, but I was slightly bored.  I added spinach (because I like to add spinach to almost any casserole type dish) and red pepper.  Made it look and taste more interesting.  To my surprise, I found out (after she left) that one of the sisters at my table is one of the Six Sisters!

I met with an author and local celebrity for some super secret squirrel stuff on Thursday.   A Christmas present, but I am not saying now.  Had a charming visit. 

Then I had a couple of days where I spent a lot of time on the road.  Friday I took Joseph to work, back tracked to pick up Andrew at home, then went to the temple.  What I like to do is some initiatories and the 10 o'clock session.  But the back and forth thing ruled that out.  Since I was sleepy, I opted to just do initiatories Friday.  I love the blessings and it much easier to stay awake!  I took Andrew home again and went to an Open House (and lunch buffet) at Advanced Health Care of Sacramento where 3 guys from our ward work - our Bishop's counselor (and husband of the Six Sister) is director,  my ex-cousin-in-law works in the office, and one young man the age of some of my children (forgot which) is a nurse.  Fancy, nice place.  I wish Miriam could go there next time she needs a rehab/recovery stay, but it is not for people on Social Security and MediCal.  Jon, the director, said maybe we could work it, but I doubt it.  No need yet, but she will be having surgeries sometime in the future. Back home to get Andrew again and take him to Deseret Industries to look for pants.  I think he found 2.  I bought about 6 tops.  I think we spent almost the same amount of money.  Then I collapsed.  Raid the fridge for leftovers for dinner.

Over 470 miles for me Saturday helping my daughter-in-law bring things home after cleaning out her now angel mother's home in Utah. Teresa and David traveled far more, especially Teresa who traveled around 850 miles. Teresa drove her brother's fully packed car from Manti, Utah. He needed it in Magalia by 2 to get to work. David was worried about her doing all that driving alone, so he invited me (5am Friday morning, hoping to leave around 7, but it was more like 8) to help intercept her.  We went to meet her in Nevada, but missed her (due to phone problems resulting in lack of communication) and gave chase to Donner where David relieved her and she rested in my car. On to her brother's in Magalia, California where we left the Prius and picked up a trailer full of more stuff that her brothers had driven out. Then home. But DT had to go out again because we were unable to fit all the stuff from the Prius into my car. Fortunately, brother was at work close to Sacramento, not still in Magalia. Long day. Beautiful weather and lovely drive.

Today, Sunday, Sadie is going home.  Her mom credits me with finding their new rental house.  I happened to see a mention on NextDoor, passed it on to her, and she moved in yesterday.  They are in our ward.  So she will be in church today, come here for Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner (she says there is NO food in the house yet, so I am saving her life.  I said, you haven't had my cooking yet, it might be the opposite)  and Sadie will go back to her family.  She will be so happy!  (unless, of course, my cooking does off her mom, but I haven't killed anyone YET)


No comments:

Post a Comment