Sunday, September 8, 2019

of tiles and smiles

I could have been on a Disney Cruise to Alaska this last week with my eldest daughter and her family, but I have major home work to get done here first.  My son-in-law Tom is my job boss and main worker.  He and a couple of his kids tore up the treacherous tile in my kitchen to replace the flooring.  He is getting estimates for me to consider replacing the cabinetry at the same time.  Once we do the kitchen, I also need to replace a water damaged walls and ceiling in our family room.  When the most important repairs are done, we will see if I have any money left  to go on a cruise, hopefully in a couple of years.

A highlight of my week was that Sariah took time in the middle of her cruise to phone me just to chat! Her husband and daughter were on a hike.  Her in-laws were doing something else.  She had a little time before they went on a whale watching excursion and she chose to talk to me.  Made me feel special and loved. 

Despite The Patch being a construction zone, I am having family over Friday for a Friday the 13th party.  We will  walk under a ladder, toss horseshoes and pennies, and eat lucky food.  Did you know that for Spanish culture Tuesday the 13th is unlucky and for Italian it's Friday the 17th?

No comments:

Post a Comment