Sunday, September 15, 2019

the cat's meow


Tuesday Andrew made me a delicious breakfast for my birthday.

 I donated platelets at Vitalent (formerly known as Blood Source) where they rang bells, sang to me, and gave me a balloon. I watched episonde 1 of season 6 of “Downton Abbey”. Now I want to watch all of all the “Downton Abbey”’s again. The “Downton Abbey” movie will be out in little over a week. I will probably wait fo see it, however. Maybe even wait for Costco to sell the DVD.
Miriam and Teresa took me to lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Yummy! I had a very good cheese burger. Miriam got us the Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake which was totally amazing and big enough to share. We each ordered cheesecake to take home and eat later. Mine? Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. Delicious!

Lunch was late and plentiful, so we didn’t have the (relatively inexpensive) steak I had bought for dinner. The guys had not had the fine lunch we did, I figured they could scrounge for leftovers. Teresa brought some Macaroni & Cheese Mix IN A BOX and Andrew was EXSTATIC! It was weird. He put hot dogs in it. Maybe something else. That’s what the guys had. We watched “Downton Abbey” season 1, episone 1. I do like that show!

Wednesday I took my cat to the vet. Every now and then she cries and cries that she is in pain and then defecates on the floor, not the litter box. And eliminates a few more times scattered about. Such fun for her and for us to clean up. It starts out pretty normal looking, gets runnier, and sometimes there appears to be a bit of blood. Then she will seem fine for days. And it happens again. So she went to the vet. X-Rays, various tests. $615. Her skeletan looks good. No sign of arthritis. No apparent bowel obstruction, although the large intestine tapers a lot at the end. But she has bladder stones. Doesn’t make sense that they would cause her symptoms. They called me later and said they need to do another test on the urine. Another $160. The vet is going to consult with some specialty pet food company. In the meantime, I am supposed to give her Metamucil twice a day. So far, no real answers just good-bye lots of money.

The stupid cat is refusing her medicated food. Canned chicken. She looks at it and turns away. I knew she would not go for tuna. Joe’s cat, Velox, appears out of nowhere when you open tuna, but Felicity will ignore it when you give it to her. (I give them the juice) I think she used to eat some, but I am not sure.
Thursday I went to the people vet. Blood draw and blood pressure check. Better than last time which were bad so they had me come back after a month. Still need to do better, but improved.
Friday the 13th. Teresa and I did a few initiatories. No, not 13, only 5 each. The Hinds family and David and Teresa came over. I was a little sad that Debi, Lucas, and Molly, and Ben and Bethany couldn’t come. But that meant that we had 13 people. Unfortunately, not all at once. Hinds had to leave before David and Teresa arrived. Played with horeshoes, walked under a ladder, ate Lucky Charms and other lucky food – pulled pork, lentil soup, black eyed peas soup, carrot coins. Both Hinds and DT brought donuts. Round foods are lucky. Round like money. Hinds also brought fortune cookies. After the Hinds left we watched a Freaky Friday movie. (There are 3 different ones. I checked all three out at the library and we more or less randomly picked which to watch. Very entertaining, but not as good as “Downton Abbey”)

Years ago, I gave Benjamin and Bethany gift certificate to Sacramento Escape Room. Then later I gave David and Teresa certificates. Finally, Joseph and Andrew. Today the six of them went. Had a great time, but failed to escape.

Meanwhile, Miriam and I went to Relief Society Souper Saturday. Workshops on soups in Instant Pot, Emergency Preparedness, self massage (with lacrosse balls), and flower arranging. And ate soup. Lots of soup.

But not quite enough. I had taken our leftover lucky soups, Teresa sent some soup, and, of course a few other sisters brought soup. Also bread and desserts. But guess what we are having for supper tonight (still Saturday).

The intrepid non-escapers planned to watch “The Avengers; End Game” after the escape room. A couple of them fell asleep. So we watched “Downton Abbey” episode 2. THEN the watched End Game. Still on as of this typing. I really like “Downton Abbey” much, much better. Not an action movie fan. I did sort of like “Captain Marvel” which we watched a few days ago. For the first part of the movie, I was frankly bored. Then I got somewhat interested. It was pretty good. Not as good as “Black Panther”. But I like “Downton Abbey” LOTS better.


No comments:

Post a Comment