Monday, April 30, 2007

she huffed and she puffed

Long lean Lisa stopped by my desk. "Is everybody getting their
exercise today?" (Breathing slightly labored by coming up the stairs
from the 8th floor.) (We are on the 10th.)

I said, "I came up the stairs this morning, but I haven't done
anything since." (Not entirely true, I did one flight on morning
break, but only one flight.)

"Oh, up from 8?"

"No, coming in. Of course it nearly killed me."

She was impressed. If she heard me huffing and puffing, stopping to
rest by the window every other floor, she would be less so!

It is only the third time in 4 months that I have walked all the way up.
Good timing.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! :)

    I read an article today about how even just ten minutes of exercise at a time is good! The article says to aim for at least 30 minutes total per day (Three 10 min sessions) and that it should be as intense as you can handle since it is just for a short amount of time, but still - that's fairly reasonable.

    ReplyDelete