Monday, June 17, 2013

How long will ye halt between two opinions?

     I believe in God, our Creator and Father of our spirits. I believe that He knows us, loves us, and that it is His work and His glory to bring to pass to the immortality and eternal life of man.  That He wants our eternal happiness.  I believe that Father knows best.
     I believe that we have a living prophet on the earth today who communicates with our Heavenly Father and who receives and passes on direction from God for us.  Under the direction of Jesus Christ, the prophet leads The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and speaks to both members of the church and the world.
      D&C 1:38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
     I believe in personal revelation.  That each of us has the right and the responsibility to seek confirmation of teachings and counsel. 
     Moroni 10: And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
     James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth; and it shall be given him.
     6 But let him ask in faith, nothing  wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
  I have received a personal witness of these truths.

  Sometimes we are given counsel and commandments that I do not  like or understand.  Things that left alone to my own reason, I would have thought, felt, and/or acted differently.  Often things that are not popular in the world and sometimes within the circle of people who mean the most to me.  Now what?  
   Do I follow the voice of the world and of reason or do I follow an all-wise, all-loving God and His chosen servants?  A God that I believe knows more than I do and more than anyone on earth.
    Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

      Regrettably, there have been times when I have wavered and halted between two opinions.   This is not the path to heaven and happiness.    
      I must be true to my beliefs and covenants.  I must stand for truth and righteousness. I pray for strength, guidance, and greater wisdom than is naturally mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment