I had an idea for my homemade gift for the exchange.
I worked on it for a few months. Despite many false starts, every now and then having to rip out portions and do them over, it came out pretty well, but I think it is the wrong size. Good thing I started early in the year.
I began again. I am slow enough to begin with – I have literally been working on this for months – in the moments I can find, but since this Intermediate Accounting class began I have hardly been able to crochet a stitch. I actually thought I might finish in August, but then I got sick and then the class started. I am about ¾ done. Don’t get excited, it is not that it is such a big wonderful project. MAYBE medium. But I am slow.
Last night I discovered *la gasp!!** that somewhere in the early middle of the project, I USED A DIFFERENT COLOR YARN. Not obviously different, obviously! Except in decent light.
If I were not at work, I would be bawling right now. I did cry last night, but not as much as it deserves!
The good news is - My sons are learning what to do when a woman cries – just go put your arms around her and let her cry.
There is no way I have time to rip it all out to where I messed up and do it over. I thought maybe I could remove a section so I would have to undo less, but I cannot figure it out. Joseph tried to research the possibility of dyeing the whole thing. Not good.
The only thing I can think is to keep on keeping on. Someone I love who deserves much better is going to end up getting a defective - or should we say, unique - gift.
This may be my worst Christmas ever.