Saturday, October 11, 2008

They say dreams are the windows of the soul--take a peek and you can see the inner workings, the nuts and bolts.

Henry Bromel, Northern Exposure, The Big Kiss, 1991


I dreamed again about Andrew and driving.

Andrew was driving an old station wagon along a hilly country road. I was following in my car with at least one passenger. All was going well until a car traveling in the opposite direction tried to pass the vehicle in front of him without enough room before meeting Andrew’s car! Fortunately, the road was wide on Andrew’s right. The passing vehicle sped around Andrew on the outside, but cut back too sharply and clipped his rear quarter panel on the way back to his own lane. I don’t remember what happened to that car. I think it stopped diagonally across the road. Andrew continued on a bit. I signaled to him to pull over. Amazing that he could see my waving my arms inside my car from so far away! He pulled over and started backing up. That was a little scary because he was backing toward the drop on side of the road. I waved and yelled. He stopped in time. As I was getting out of my car to start getting the accident information, it hit me - Andrew doesn’t have his license yet! I was supposed to be with him. He was drving illegally. We were not at fault in the accident and I don't think anyone was hurt, but we were going to be in big legal trouble. The end.

I partly woke up from that dream and then immediately had another related dream which I completely forgot.

Other recent dreams - I keep dreaming about my accursed Accounting class. (When I first started my job, I was doing it all night in my sleep for weeks.) In these accounting dreams, I am always studying and trying to do the homework,but I don’t understand any of it. True to life! Except I have don’t have nearly enough time to study. Sadly, these are not the kind of dreams where you solve the problem that has been concerning you. No “aha”. I am as lost in my dreams as I am when awake with no better understanding gained from my tortured sleep.

I am surprised I don’t remember any dreams about the fridge smell. It is still there. Fortunately, not overwhelmingly. Unless you are right there. Hopefully this weekend, we will manage another attack.

I seldom remember dreams or having dreamt. So why, when i do, do I remember unsettling ones?

PS - Andrew is a pretty good driver. (Needs to learn to think ahead a bit more and gain confidence. ) I think I want him to get his license. (and an old station wagon?? no)

1 comment:

  1. So, what does your dream tell you? I used to write down all my dreams I could remember (when I had the time) and then analyze them. The more you pay attention to your dreams the more profound and insightful they become, I've found. I think it's like a muscle: the more you exercise it the more efficient it becomes.

    ReplyDelete