Thursday, April 9, 2020

bounce back

email to my granddaughter Acadia on the day she came home from her mission (April 7), but she never got it as we were told to stop using her missionary address and I think her civilian email box is full

Well done, good and faithful missionary!  I have enjoyed your testimony, your letters, and your music.  I hope that communication will not cease now that you are on to the next phase of your life.  

Wasn't conference wonderful?! as usual! Many talks touched me, of course.  With comfort, with correction, with cousel. The Finest Homes stands out in my mind particularly.  I remember a couple of more that I thought at the time, I want to go back to this.   Of course, over time I will review them all, but I know that some I will more than others.

We had an adventure. One evening, was it Saturday?  a police helicopter circled our area giving a message over the loudspeaier.  Unfortunately, that often reminds me of the adults in a Charlie Brown movie.  After several passes, we understood the warning that there were two fugitives in the neighborhood - a couple of men 20-30 - white or HIspanic - stay inside, lock your doors, if you see them call 9-1-1.  Later, the voice addressed a particular house on a street nearby stating that the they were surrounded, come out with your hands up.  Repeatedly.  And then things were quiet.  Somewhere in the middle of all this, before the house was surrounded, there was a knock at our door! We were not expecting company, of course.  Shortly after the helicopter started circling, Joseph had one of his hand guns.  At the knock, Joseph went to the door.  Holding the gun out of sight, he opened it.  I was concerned that someone, anyone, might see the gun and shoot him!  But he was careful.  He has studied gun safety and gun laws.  He knows what to do.  Just as I thought (and I think said) that often the delivery people knock when they leave a package, Joseph opened the door part way and a female voice said, "Sorry! Wrong address."  It was a delivery person.  How nervouse she must have been with the police warning! So our adventrure ended anticlimatically.  Fortunately!

May all your adventures end happily! (or at least, anticlimaticly)

Love, 
Grandma Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment