Thursday, April 2, 2020

sibling check in


My sister Lainee,
Klamath Oregon  March 22 



Good morning my beautiful family, I wanted to reach out and see how you are doing. This is indeed an unusual time....I know that we are all feeling the strain of the events in some way. How are you coping?
Lainee
Where to start.....we are ok. Financially this will hurt. But we have tightened our belts before. My tenant Stephanie was tested for COVID-19 a week ago with no results yet. Carrie is a nurse and between the two of them I feel exposure is inevitable. We have made some strict rules about how we will address visitors and how to keep germs at bay. Levi said it best yesterday. We just don’t want everyone sick at the same time. Levi’s family is currently living with us. When school closed a week ago my students were trying to finish up our yearbook. I am working feverishly from home trying to get it done. I have had a cold and a stress headache for a week plus now. I am working on finding peace and joy in little things. I think I will be able to finish the yearbook today. Because Brian is a substitute teacher he is not working so we have lost his income. I am expected to return to work next Monday unless circumstances change by then. We have to continue to provide curriculum for students while they are away from school. I have to start working on an at home art curriculum as soon as I finish the yearbook. This is a wonderful opportunity for me to work on me. I do believe everything happens for everyone’s benefit.
Lainee
Brian and I are type A also 😊

Debi
Michael and I are doing okay. The coffee shop is still open for take out and to buy beans. He mostly works at home but has to go in a couple times a week. Food wise we are fine. I just defrosted our big freezer and it is full. Barbara, are any stores in your area offering in line ordering and delivery? That might help. Michael spends a lot of his down time on the NA Chat room He was already chairing a couple meetings a week but with all the meetings being cancelled, the chat room has exploded. Right now all is well. πŸ’•πŸ™

😒1

Kris
Gary and I are doing really well. I have loads of TP (isn’t it strange that “this” is something in particular that I have “always” stock-piled πŸ˜‚?).

I was out at the grocery store (for the last time) over a week ago , and I replenished all the fresh items that I could. With Gary being in the top tier of the “high risk” demographic, we had made the decision that we were really cracking down on “self-containment” 😷from that time forward.

Like many of you we have plenty of “not-as-perishable” food stuff, and a quite full chest freezerπŸ‘πŸΌ. If this quarantine lasts for MONTHS I am sure that I will be regretting not having more “canned” πŸ₯« veggies and fruits (we almost always eat them fresh πŸ₯¦πŸŠπŸ₯•πŸ₯‘ or frozen), but we will just “get creative”😜 with all those things which we do have!

I have been enjoying our time at home, doing “lots” of Family History work and Gary is (as typical) monitoring πŸ₯Ί his Market investments with guarded optimism.

I am greatly missing our time in the temple each week, and the mingling πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° with friends, family, and my YW at church, but we are making good use of all kinds of technology, to stay in touch πŸ€œπŸΌπŸ€›πŸ½!

Alisha and Scott are doing okay at the moment.....
Scott is still working, though Alisha’s part-time “sub-ing” at the elementary school has ended. Adam is also currently still working, while Kimmy literally “just started” a second job, two weeks ago, working at a Children’s Hospital πŸ‘ΆπŸΌ.

I am so grateful for our loving Heavenly Father, who has counseled us through the words of his Living prophets (for decades and decades) to “be prepared”πŸ€—!
I know that this is not the last time “our reserves” may be used, and I plan to replenish (when appropriate and able) and to be even “more prepared” πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌfor the next time.
Kris, I remember you showing me yo

No comments:

Post a Comment