Thursday, April 2, 2020

keep out of touch

email March 29 to my granddaughter, Acadia, serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and quarantined in Gold Beach, Oregon.  She and her companion are posting to Facebook them playing and singing hymns

 I do enjoy your musical Facebook posts.  and share them.  ðŸ˜Š

Not too many big adventures  with the Corvid-19 lockdown.  

I did try the Farm Fresh To You.  When I signed up, delivery was to be Wednesday past, but this whole Corvid-19 situation changes everything and we just got it (11ish Sunday morning).  It is beautiful produce.  But too expensive.  I cancelled my subscription and will risk either going to the store or getting rickets. Costco is having senior hour 8-9 Tuesday and Thursday.  I will probably go Thursday and go to WinCo the same day.  I put cleaning wipes in my car, so I can clean my cart right away.
    
Today we are going to have Sunday School via Zoom.  David and Teresa have invited all my kids including your mom.  Technology!  We will see who joins in.  They also invited everyone to a family game night Monday.  Invited everyone to "bring" a game they can share virtually.  Andrew wants to do Dungeons and Dragons.  

Also, today, we are participating in a neighborhood birthday drive by.  It's some girl's 8th birthday and of course, her party and sleep over got cancelled, so her mom went on Nextdoor and asked for a birthday drive by.  I cut out paper letters and put them on Gracie (my car) with magnets. I hope they hold!

More excitng times.  Despite the quarantine I took my cat Felicity to the doctor.  More blood work which turned out fine.  But what is wrong with her?  She does not have her episodes as often, but they still happen, especially if she has managed to get into the garage or outside.  And she is overweight.  Now I have to reduce her food.  I am supposed to change her special diet food to lower calorie special diet food.  Guess what, I just got my autoshipment of a new 7 lb bag!  I cancelled future shipments and when it starts to get low I will start a subscribtion of the diet formula.  I am supposed to give her only 1/2-3/4 cup of food a day with laxative morning and night.  Also we started her on pain medication.  She thinks I am a pain, however.

The vet says probably the best way to find out what is really going on in Felicity is to do a scope.  Somewhere around $2000.00   Not happening.  not yet

Further cheery subject, I spent all day Saturday studying "Wills and Trusts for Dummies". I think I AM the target audience.  Dummies.  My living trust is over two years old.  There are some things I want to change that I didn't get quite right the first time. and some things I am not sure of . I am studying up  Then I will go through my trust making notes and questions.  Also my Pour Over Will. Then when the quarantine is over, I will see my lawyer.  I don't know if I will be able to amend my trust or have to revoke it and create a new one.

Someone on Nextdoor posted and appeal for food and tp.  Someone else posted that those people are always asking for something.  Now we have to contemplate the moral dilemma.  Do we share our food storage or do we defend it ?  With whom? How much?   Someone already offered to help the Nextdoor neighbor.  I would share with my children.  Probably help my ministering sisters.  But how far does one go?  The key is learning to live by the spirit.  I need to work on my reception. 

There is a cute Facebook post of a bird talking to himself in the mirror. Saying things like "Hello!  How you doing?  Pretty bird.  I love you. (Then he gives himself kisses)  Who's a good boy?"  I think that is more the way we should talk to ourselves than we usually tend to. 

Stay safe. Have a great week.  Keep sharing your music and testimony.

Love, Grandma Barbara

later that day
We are back from the birthday drive by.   We had to drive to get there 
so slowly with the sign on that we decided to stop and take it off and put it back when we got there.  It was held by magnets.  When we got to the "staging area" we got in line behind several other cars.  David came by on his bike.  The guys had the sign up just let in time for the drive by to begin.  The family was out with on their lawn smiling and waving (except for a crying very little one).  Lots of cars.  Some just regular.  Some with signs, streamers, balloons.  Some people gave her gifts and cards - maybe her friends who would have come to her party?  Many of the cars turned around and went past again the other way.  So the guys moved the sign to the other side and we drove by again.   After we took the sign down and started for home, we decided to go past David and Teresa's.  So a few houses away, the guys put up "Happy Day."  It was fun. 

Andrew just read this to me "Knocking is a gentler way of punching someone's house until they come out to stop you."

No comments:

Post a Comment