Thursday, April 2, 2020

Friday morning to Robin

email to my aunt Robin  April 2

My life is only slightly changed with this Covid-19 thing.  I have plenty of work to do at home.  That has not changed.  LOL

The weeds are flourishing.  I spend a little time now and then trying to discoiurage them, but they are irrespressible.  I am working on learning more about and reviewing my trust. There are things I want to clarify and change.  I still have years of "stuff" to sort and organize.  Including unlabeled old photographs. 

Work on the kitchen is at a standstill.  Tom is a Notary Public which has kept him pretty busy and going out among other people.  We don't want him near Miriam.

I go out occasionally for groceries - with mixed results.  My Costco has senior hour at 8am Tuesday and Thursday.  I thought I would take advantage of it today.  First I drove Joseph to work.  Got to Costco 2/3 through the hour at 8:40.  People were leaving with full carts, including toilet paper.  The line of only seniors went around two sides of the building, not social distancing.  Costco workers were warning new comers that they were out of TP and estimating a wait of at least an hour to get in.  That shortened the line a little bit, but not measurably.  I decided there was nothing I needed that much.  Then I tried WinCo.  Their line was not quite as long, but long enough that I decided to wait and try another time.

Fortunately, we do have toilet paper.   I was hoping to replenish some perishables, particularly some of Miriam's foods like Almond Milk, and a few other things.  Not desperate, so we should be good until my next attempt.  We could actually eat for weeks, but not in the manner to which we, especially Miriam, are accustomed. 

I tried that Farm Fresh to You thing, but that is way too crazy expensive.  I got one box and the produce was beautiful, but I just cannot pay that much. 

I get food for my cat Felicity and our cockatiel Mr. Kismet delivered  from Chewy because they both are on special veterinary prescribed diets.  Fortunately, I had just gotten a bag of Joseph's cat Velox' food from Costco, so she's good for a while. 

This weekend is the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Normally I would be busy shopping for and preparing lunch fixings for the weekend.  We usually spend most all day Saturday and Sunday at the church buildig watching conference by satellite and providing lunch for the missionaries.  This time there will be no satellite broadcast to our buildings, no gatherings.  We will watch / listen from home (probably most members do anyway).  We will miss gathering with most all my children living in the area and the missionaries.  Well, this saves me some money and work.  

Last Sunday, we joined up with David and  Teresa, and Benjamin and Bethany viz Zoom to have some religious study together.  Monday, we played Scattagories with David and Teresa via Zoom.  Modern technology is awesome!

In fact, I often think how soft we are.  There is a lot of talk about how hard it is for people to be isolated in our homes.  Yet we can go out for things we really need and we have the world coming to us.  Some people might not have computers and internet,  but almost everyone has phones and TV.  Most people have cable or satellite (we don't) which means crazy amounts of information and entertainment available.  People can still go out in walks or to the parks as long as they keep apart.  I am glad to see so many people enjoying time with family and exploring creativity.  Quarantine in olden times was much more restrictive and boring. 

I have a few people that I call to make sure they are still doing ok. So far, so good.  Families are mostly pretty good about taking care of their elders.

My granddaughter, Acadia and her missionary companion are holed up in Gold Beach sending out music videos on Facebook each day.  

Stay well and stay happy. 
Love,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment