Monday, August 11, 2008

"A smile is the shortest distance between two people." Victor Borge

It was delightful weekend, despite the lack of sleep.

David called Friday evening around 8 or 8:30 and said that they were probably about 3 hours away. A smart person would have gotten a little sleep before they were due to arrive. I watched the opening of the 2008 Beijing Olympics (awesome) and worked on a Christmas project. Joseph watched Olympics a little and worked on packing for this week.

David and Teresa arrived a little bit after midnight and then we all sat around talking for two hours.

Saturday morning, David, Teresa and I went to the Bishop's Storehouse / Cannery and did dry pack canning for the first time. The presence of a bossy, negative type person made the experience less pleasant than it might have been, but we learned how the dry pack canning works and made a small contribution to our emergency food supplies.

Following a quick lunch, Teresa and I went to Ruth's Mystery Hostess New Catalog Stampin'Up Party. Miriam and Debi were there too, of course! Enjoyed it thoroughly and we can hardly wait for our orders to arrive.

The rest of the afternoon just sort of evaporated in pleasant visiting while D&T waited to hear back from Glen about them going over to visit. (They eventually agreed to go visit Sunday evening. ) David and Joseph are so fun to see get together. They love to talk about techie things that many of us don't get or really care about. We played Crack the Case. I don't remember what else we did, but we stayed up too late doing it. It is so pleasant visiting with them.

Debi (and Chloe) picked up Andrew and Benjamin right after Sacrament Meeting. The Californians, except David, Teresa and Joseph all left for Fort Bragg Sunday morning. I hear that the Rosers were over-nighting down Sunday night and, wonder of wonders, meeting up today with Sariah's best friend Heather whose family is just finishing up a Fort Bragg visit.

Before they went to visit Glen, we watched "Becoming Jane," a quasi-biographical movie about Jane Austin. Enjoyed that, although it's a sad story. Teresa helped me with ideas on one of my Christmas projects.

Too soon, the weekend was over. We had morning prayer and I came off to work. (This is going to be a bit of a rough day as adding to my tiredness is a stupid night of insomnia and a touch of allergy or a summer cold or something! Good thing I am not facing a 5 hour drive!) David, Teresa and Joseph will be heading out soon. I will see them again Saturday sometime. I am not actually sure about the rest of them, but I think they are returning Saturday as well.

Now, to work!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Ride that high this week and keep the fun you had close. I wish you the best, and regret I won't be around to send you smiles. But, think of me stuck at girls camp, listeniing to girls squeal all night, eating subpar food, and wishing I were home in my own bed. LOL.

    Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete