Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.

Edward Gibbon
English historian of Rome (1737 - 1794)
 
Contest
 
Sometimes when I hear about a contest offering a trip for 2 or something like that, I have thought, "What would I do if I won?"   There are many people in my life - family and friends - that I would enjoy doing something with and who would probably enjoy a trip even if it was with me.  However would one choose? 
 
Well, I figured it out.  I would have my own contest.  Contestants would have to write What they Like About Me, Barbara.   Now, that's a contest.  It would have to be both very flattering, and here's the big challenge, also believable.  This may take some creativity.
 
I haven't won any tips, yet, so don't panic.  You have plenty of time to think about it. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so , pick me! let's win a contest and go to Hawaii!!!!!!!

    I like your strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I don't think I'll win though. I can think of plenty of things, but I am not very good at writing, and I know a least a few of the contestants are very good writers!

    That will be interesting if you do win something!

    ReplyDelete