Friday, January 18, 2008

Envelope, Please....And the Winner Is...

My youngest just headed off to spend the night in the freezing snow.  VOLUNTARILY. Followed by a day of frolicking and attempted suicide in said snow.   

 

When he called to let me know that he was on his way, I was upbeat and wished him a fun time.  Moms should get Emmy's or Grammy's or whatever really good actresses get.   Because all the time that I am acting happy that he gets to go on this great camp out with the Scouts/YM, I am worrying about frost-bite, broken limbs, horror stories of Boy Scouts lost in the wilderness (although that does tend to usually happen in Utah), and cars crash-sliding into each other on the icy roads.   But this is part of growing up, and, of course I trust their leaders – despite the happy joking I have heard about stupid camp stunts, speeding and near misses .  

No comments:

Post a Comment