Thursday, July 2, 2009

Furlough Friday Fun

It's official, we get 3 free Fridays a month.

Free as in we won't go to work, but we won't get paid either.

In July we get the 10th, 17th, and 24th. (No time off for
Independence Day.) After that we get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Friday
each month through June 2010.

We lucky State Workers now get 3 Three Day Weekends each and every month!

I think that it will be almost as hard going to work on that 4th
Friday as it is going to be adjusting to a 14.23% paycut (oh, big
ouch!), but I am sure that given time, the Governator will take care
of that first problem.

Then we can adjust to a total 19% pay reduction with which he will NOT
help, unless you call increasing licensing fees, etc help.

Despite that, I am just happy to have and hoping to keep my job!

- Of course the mathematical geniuses I mentioned in an earlier post
will have to deal with a 28.46% (then a total 38% reduction), right?
If this is how they do math, their finances probably are in big
trouble. Have they been helping run the State? -

We will find plenty to do on our Furlough Fridays! There's endless
work to do around the house. We can run errands when the streets and
stores are slightly less crowded. Along with all the other state
workers, of course.

But first, I think we are going to go to the beach! I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say "Yay" for 3 day weekends, but the pay cut really puts a damper on that. :S

    I hope you enjoy your furlough days and can adjust to the paycut alright.

    ReplyDelete