Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Documents for Barbara Robarts nee Owes, born Mijares





I think I'm as ready as I am likely to be.  Or my documents are, that is.  Now to find an envelope and get to a post office on my lunch break tomorrow.

This is a list of what I am sending in:

Copy of letter from Charleston Passport Center dated May 23, 2012

Supplemental Worksheet and additional pages for page 1, 2, 4, and 5

Affidavit from Robin (my aunt) notarized

Affidavit from Esque Frost (my great uncle) – notarized – plus a photocopy which is easier to read

(The affidavits say they knew my mother, knew of my birth, and know me and that I was born in America. - on official forms and, as I said, notarized)

Canby Union High School transcript – official, in sealed envelope (but they also sent me a copy.)

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints membership record -signed, certified, and notarized (Not as informative as I had hoped)

email from Mendocino County Records stating that my birth certificate clearly shows that I was born in the City of Willits in Mendocino County

birth certificate of Louise Marie McGinness (my mother) – official certified copy

photocopy of birth announcement in Willits News September 14, 1951 taken from micro film stored in the Willits Library, Willits, Mendocino County, California

That's what I am going to send in. I hope they think it's enough.

It doesn't look like much for all the time and work I have put into it.  A lot of time doing research, asking questions, thinking (ouch, that hurts), sifting, worrying,  and waiting for responses.   

I also have my mother's death certificate - in case I decided to request a search of the 1950 census to establish her in Sacramento shortly before I was born so I could claim the probability of her being in the US at the time of my birth.  I sent away for my birth certificate father's birth certificate, but there hasn't been time for it to get here. 

My sister's birth certificate is much like mine and she had no trouble getting her passport a few years ago (but after 9/11).    I think she had an approver in a good mood and I didn't.   Let's hope my documents find my approver in a good mood this time.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment