Saturday, February 7, 2009

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Isaac Asimov
US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

I don’t think this is what he meant!

Horrific struggles on the home de-junking and organization front. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure and it seems that I am required to keep all or part of at least 5 ANCIENT computers because the master geek thinks there is something we need to reclaim from them. Someday.

Meanwhile, they take up space and uglify my house. I am so desirous of reclaiming useable space and NOT having an ugly home.

Of course, Master Geek would probably cheerfully (not that he does much cheerfully) toss more than a few things that I feel compelled to keep.

And we are trying to build up our food storage. Money is always a minor issue, but the bigger problem is WHERE?


~~~~

also related to Isaac’s quote: I cannot tell you how much I miss my PALM!!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally delighted with strong your blog greatly that warned me! God bless you “The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back.” - Steve Garvey

    ReplyDelete