Thursday, February 19, 2009

There's Good News and There's Bad News and on Some We are Still Waiting

When I went out to pick up Joseph from his Consumnes River College
class, I noticed that the clock light was off. It does turn off, it
just takes SEVERAL minutes. ok. Good.

This morning Joseph hurried to the Regional Transit office and he GOT
HIS BIKE back. What a relief!

Unfortunately, on the way to catch the train to work, unable to see
through the driver's window, I rolled it down. It will NOT go up at
all. Not a budge. Even with Joseph and I pulling on it. I had to
leave it in the light rail parking lot with the window open.

A friend has a son-in-law who does car work and she even bought the
parts without telling me. But her truck blew something and the time
he might have worked on my car, he had to work on hers. I am hoping
to get hold of them soon - phone calls and emails have gone out! Her
truck is running again, hopefully, he will have time soon.

The legislature passed the budget and it has gone to the Governor.
Fewer lay-offs. I am less worried. My co-worker of 7 1/2 months who
gave up her own housecleaning business for the "security and benefits"
of state work is still mildly terrified.

Work call - One of our ranger's houses had it's water shut off because
of this budget mess. I must see what I can do!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your car is still there when you get back!

    I'm glad your job is likely safe. I worry about Miriam though.

    These are crazy, scary times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your job is safer. I heard that on the news yesterday and thought of you. Very relieving.

    I hope you can get your window fixed soon. Bill broke our driver window recently, and with all the rain, our mechanic/cousin fixed it quickly. But, now the handle doesn't work. sigh. I have to crawl over the middle and get out hte passenger side. Not fun when you have a huge storage compartment there.

    How wonderful to get Joseph's bike back. I am sure he was happy.

    ReplyDelete